Remember, dear brothers and sisters, that few of you were wise in the world’s eyes or powerful or wealthy when God called you. As a result, no one can ever boast in the presence of God. (1 Corinthians 1:26, 29 New Living Translation)
- Who are we? We are children of the Most High. Women and men of all ages, from many and varied backgrounds, ethnicities, families, life experiences, occupational preferences, professions, for-profit and non-profit paraprofessional, management and executive positions.
- We work on assembly lines and wait tables in restaurants, sometimes part-time while attending law or medical school. We are clinical charge nurses, associate professors, doctors and lawyers, accountants, small business owners and corporate executives. All the while, we care for our children, our parents, our grandparents and frequently both simultaneously.
- We are Christian men and women of all ages who have experienced and do experience struggles, trials and disappointments. We are Christian women and men of all ages who overcome, achieve victories, dream dreams, and see them become God-given realities. We are Christian men and women once lost and now found!
- We are single, married, divorced, widowed and yet hopeful. We are single parents, parents separated while in the home, and sometimes parents of blended families. We are not perfect. Yet, we are God’s chosen, the ones he calls his own. Our lives can be and sometimes are messy. Nevertheless, we are God’s chosen, those the world considers foolish and powerless, perhaps despised and counted as nothing at all.
- We are his overcomers, the ones who answered his call to an abundant life, not yet perfect yet gifted. Why gifted? God's people have been assigned the task of being his stewards on the earth. We are to represent him by being His image bearers and tending the earth as his representatives. Our job is to bring transformation wherever God sends us…using God-given gifts and abilities to demonstrate, not only for Christians but also for the world, how good our God is.